GME Academic Programs
Program objectives are specifically designed to meet the needs of the graduate who intends to enter Internal Medicine, Dermatology, Cardiology and Pulmonary/Critical Care Medicine Fellowship Programs. The rotating services provided include all inpatient and ambulatory care departments.
The primary objective of these three-year residencies is to provide a well-organized, progressive program with emphasis on education over service. It is accredited by AOA, ACOFP, and ACOI, and meets the requirements for certification by the American Osteopathic Board of Internal Medicine.
Structured Education Program
- Daily morning reports and Thursday afternoon protected Lecture/Education
- Monthly tumor board
- Monthly journal club
- Monthly hands-on OMM sessions
- Monthly on-going lecture series including Diabetes Education, Obstetrics, Cardiology and Tissue/Pathology
- Twice monthly case presentations
- Inpatient consultative OMT service
- Internal Medicine Board Reviews
- UpToDate available hospital-wide and remotely for residents and physicians
- Annual individual Epocrates subscriptions provided for residents